Wednesday, December 09, 2009

lady gaga on ELLE MAGAZINE

Transparent plastic veil top, Karl Lagerfeld, price upon request, visit karllagerfeld.com. Brief, Frederick’s of Hollywood, $22. Sunglasses, Linda Farrow Projects, price upon request.

Photo: Tom Munro; styled by: Joe Zee



Leather sandal jacket from the Artisanal collection, Maison Martin Margiela, price upon request, at Maison Martin Margiela, NYC. Panty, from Agent Provocateur, NYC.

Photo: Tom Munro; styled by: Joe Zee


Iridescent plastic dress, Jil Sander, $975, at Jil Sander Boutique, NYC. Tights, Falke, $38. Suede elevated platform shoes, Vivienne Westwood, $640.

Photo: Tom Munro; styled by: Joe Zee


On bodily reactions to stress: “I get all the symptoms of a pregnant woman. I get headaches, I get tired, I get blurred vision sometimes during a really intense session with [her creative team] the Haus.”

On a recurring theme in her work: “I feel that if I can show my demise artistically to the public, I can somehow cure my own legend. I can show you so you’re not looking for it. I’m dying for you on domestic television—here’s what it looks like, so no one has to wonder.”

On being a former waitress: “I was really good at it. I always got big tips. I always wore heels to work! I told everybody stories, and for customers on dates, I kept it romantic. It’s kind of like performing.”

On using her sexuality: “My album covers are not sexual at all, which was an issue at my record label. I fought for months, and I cried at meetings. They didn’t think the photos were commercial enough…The last thing a young woman needs is another picture of a sexy pop star writhing in sand, covered in grease, touching herself.”

On her romantic future: “In eight to 10 years, I want to have babies for my Dad to hold, grandkids. And I want to have a husband who loves and supports me, just the way anyone else does. I would never leave my career for a man right now, and I would never follow a man around.”

spotted in london..

No comments: